1. Pet Stores - Their primary business is in the retail selling of products associated with pets and their care. They make their largest margins on the food, toys, cages and accessories that they sell to their customers. Their primary knowledge is in the business of selling, not raising pets. In the case of birds, you will often find that due to lack of socialization, nurturing and proper development guidance, many birds you see in pet stores today cannot typically be handled by customers, and quite often not even by the staff or management. This is primarily due to the birds being brought in to be sold and the simple fact that these pet stores neither have the qualified staff nor the time and ability to manage the needs of exotic birds. Customers of these establishments are forced into making a purchase from what is in stock at the time. Lastly, retail stores, due to their higher overhead associated with running a store front business, typically charge higher prices for the products and services they offer.
2. Breeders - While breeders have strong experience in hand-feeding and initial care for babies during the critical first two months of development, most do not have the space and facilities to take their babies thru the fully weaned process. There are typically two types of breeders operating in today's marketplace. The breeder network that Brenda's Parrot Place is affiliated with does not fall into either of these two catagories.
One type of breeder focuses on the mass breeding, hatching, feeding and forced weaning of baby birds for the large commercial and retail outlet pet stores. They sell baby birds with the focus being on volume of sales, not the quality of the exotic birds.
The other common type of breeder raises their babies to an almost weaned state, then sells them to small specialty bird shops and other pet related facilities that have been educated in the final stages of hand-feeding and proper weaning. Many of the places these birds may end up are not fully capable of this critical transition process. Once again, this type of breeder is focused on selling baby birds and not on raising, developing, socializing and nurturing that these amazing creatures need if they are going to thrive as companion parrots.
3. Benefits of Brenda's Parrot Place - I offer a companion parrot focused approach that sets my birds apart from the rest of the flocks out there.
- I have my own Private Breeder Network that supplies our babies.
- I provide consistent and ongoing socialization and development.
- I utilize proven nurturing guidance techniques in raising my babies.
- My babies are abundance fed and never forced weaned.
- My babies are taken carefully through hand-fed to fully weaned status.
- My babies are "Raised in a Home for a Home" to be companion parrots.
- I help the customer find the right companion parrot for their lifestyle.
- I assist in the purchase of the right bird, not just what is in stock.
- I provide our customers the education to succeed with their baby.
- I offer a limited guarantee to protect your exotic bird investment. (*Call For Details*)
- I offer free ongoing support for you and your companion parrot.
- I focus on the exotic birds first, the sale comes second.
These are just some of the personalized benefits that come with working with Brenda's Parrot Place. At the end of the day, I believe that you will not find a higher quality companion parrot that has been developed and nurtured to such a high standard.
MY PARROTS ARE RAISED IN A HOME FOR A HOME!
I hope you will consider one of my special babies to be part of your family!